Sunday 20 April 2008

Bad Commedians



There are different variations on what could be perceived as 'bad comedy'. My first impression is commedians who are politically incorrect, who use bad language to try and enhance their act and the people who think humour is typically about slagging different sorts of people off.

A good commedian to me is someone like Peter Kay, I can laugh and laugh at him because I can relate to him. He makes general day to day life funny, because when you think of all the little things we do, it is!

What makes you laugh? I cannot sit through Jethro, I don't understand a word he says, yet my dad finds him hilarious!! Chubby Brown, too much bad language, Jim Davidson, when he is being funny about stuff like 'ghost poo' and Sinderella I find him funny, when he is targeting people I instantly tune out. Lee Evans, it's more about his facial expressions, than his jokes!

Everybody has a different idea of what is funny and what's not, at the end of the day if we all liked the same stuff it would be pretty boring.

Then there is comedy on the silver screen, the greats who were once hilarious are now dismal and yawn making. Is this though to do with the characters they play or just that they have hit a plateau and there is nowhere for them to go now, they have hit the top and the only way now is down! The directors have used them in the hope of getting a good rating maybe, now Ben Stiller, I think he is funny, but people like Steve Martin have had their heyday, let the fresh funny in!!

Couple of articles related to the above

http://www.salon.com/ent/movies/feature/2006/02/10/comedy/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7102519.stm

http://www.hahaheehee.com/comedians/susan_murray.html

No comments: