Wednesday 30 April 2008

Reality TV


What is the big deal with reality tv and does it really boost peoples profile?
Look at Jade Goody her career is in shreds after 'Big Brother', if she had of had that argument anywhere else there certainly would have been none of the backlash!
'I'm a celebrity', split a couple up and the new relationship lasted a matter of months, obviously the enchanment of the jungle was too much to hold back from. Ok, katie and Peter got together and have stayed put, but their relationship seems pretty volatile, would they have got together if it wasn't for 'I'm a Celebrity'?
'The biggest Loser', 'Extreme Makeover', what possesses people to go on those shows, baring all to the world just for the sake of a bit of fame!
Are reality shows good tv, I don't think they are all good. I watch 'I'm a Celebrity' because I find it funny. The BBC watchers believe that there are too many reality shows and soaps as discussed in this link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/dec/18/bbc.realitytv
If you want to have a bash at a reality show you can go here:http://www.beonscreen.com/uk/user/all-reality-tv-shows-documentaries.asp
I can't comment for the majority population, but if they keep showing reality tv, then there is obviously an audience for it, whether or not you believe it is badly tv is purely up tp your taste in viewing.

No comments: