Thursday 8 May 2008

Last Post



Age: 31 years

Sex: Female

Degree: English

'Being Bad': I thought that the assignments helped me think beyond normal assignment writing, which can only be a good thing.

My only problem was thinking of topics for the webblog, I eventually went outside the box and managed the 20 posts!

All the topics were appropriate, as each had good and bad issues related to them.

I would like to see a lecture on manners as some students needed to be taught the relevance of good manners, this art form seems to have died out.

Yes and No, a lecture over two hours is quite long, so maybe look at an hour lecture and then some sort of seminar taks to do in groups?

All the lecturers were well informed and gave us the relevent information we needed.

There were some good debates within the class, but as a whole the class was very large and could possibly have benefited from being split into two. More discussions and excercises would have been better.

The approach used to deliver each section of the module was done so in a way that meant it was understood and delivered the information we required.

The modle was good, interesting and on occassion fun. Using the topics that you have meant that we learnt about a wide spectrum of topics.

I do not know if I would have learnt more had a different approach been taken, but it certainly made me sit up and view things differently.

I have no preference if there are any more modules within this subject matter

Have not selected modules for next year yet.

I would recommend the module as I really enjoyed it.

The blogs were a fab idea and I would recommend all lecturers use them in their modules.

I liked the two short assignments, as we had to do two different styles of writing. It was hard to fit it into 600 words though!

I have learned historical facts relating to all kinds of things like drugs, tattoos etc which I would never have learned otherwise.

All of the module was helpful, as any type of learning can only be beneficial.

None of the lectures were a waste of time.

We never got our field trip which was disappointing and the constant chatting throughout each lecture was very off putting. I felt that the lecturers need to be harder on people who are rude within their lectures.

No comments: